Monday, July 20, 2009

Erie PA - Rest Day






My family met me in Erie and we went to Lake Chautauqua for Sunday night and Monday. It was really great to see Phyllis, Brad, Steve, Denise, Mackenzie, Luke and Turner after all of these weeks on the road. We were staying at Brad's Friend Tom's lake house. The evening started off with a boat trip across the lake to a restaurant for a late dinner. It was fun, there were dueling pianos and good food and drink! We got back to the house and sat around talking until midnight. I slept until 8:30AM, it felt good! We had breakfast and the kids and Brad went to the Lake to ride the Jet boat and swim. The lake is cold so they all wore wet suits.
The family decided to go sight seeing at the Institute but they wanted too much money for a tour so we went to a winery instead! More value for the buck!! We went to a late lunch at a restaurant on the lake. It was very good.
I met Tom's uncle Ken and his wife Marjorie who live next door. They were very interested in my bike trip. I told them that they could do the same thing if they wanted to, I am not sure they believe me!!!
Finally it was time to go back to the hotel to get ready to ride the last leg of the trip. I am rejuvenated and ready to go!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

How fun to see the whole family join the trip. Now everyone else knows why you are taking pictures of the street signs. Way to go Steve on the biking! I am even more jealous of your trip now although I know I could not handle the biking.

Brad Fey said...

It was a great time!!! Great to see you Dad. Go Dad , Go!!

Brad