Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pueblo Rest Day
















Today was our rest day in Pueblo Colorado. I woke up at about 7:00AM,it was good to get to sleep in. Bruce was already up and getting his shower. I laid in bed and watched TV for about an hour and then got up and did my laundry. I went to breakfast in the hotel. This hotel does not have a complimentary breakfast but they do have an excellent restaurant. I enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while reading the paper. After breakfast, I sorted out all of my cold weather gear and packed up to ship back home. I needed some packing tape so I walked over to the Office Max and wound up buying a new camera. It is waterproof and I bought a one year extended warranty which covers everything that could happen to the camera. Now I won't have to worry about dropping it while I am on the bike!
My niece, Heather Larson Loomis came down from Evergreen CO to visit with me. It was wonderful to see and visit with her. We went down to downtown Pueblo to see the sights. We had a drink in an old bar and then walked around the river walk. It was funny to see how deserted the area was on a Saturday afternoon. The riverwalk was very interesting. There was a hot rod show in town and we saw a lot of the cars around. Some of them were staying at our hotel. We went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then Heather had to head for home. It was good to see her!!!
Tomorrow we head for Lamar Colorado. It will be our longest milage of the trip.

No comments: