Sunday, June 21, 2009

Price Utah to Green River Utah 67 miles 1082 miles cum.






It was cooler than expected and the ever present clouds were still here when we woke up and got on the road today. My usual gang was ready to start riding when Bruce discovered a flat tire. I stayed behind and we finally got on the road after it was fixed. If you are going to get a flat, the hotel is the place so the mechanics can fix it while you just stand around. The delay in getting started probably kept us from getting rained on. The roads were wet and we picked up a lot of dirt as we rolled along for the first hour or so. The sky did get blue and the sun came out and it started to get warm. The fore casted headwinds held off until around 11:00am so we had an easy ride without a lot of climbing. Just before the first Sag, my bike stopped shifting into the big chain ring so Sean the mechanic worked on it while I got a little something to eat. Bruce and the rest of the group were ready to go when I discovered that my chain was off. Sean leaped into action and got it back on but by that time the group was gone. These guys don't wait around! I rode by myself for about an hour and caught up with Bruce who had stopped by the side of the road to take some clothing off. He said to go ahead as I had to get in to go to the Arch Park. I rode alone again for some time before I caught up with Meiri. We didn't actually ride together because first I would stop to take a picture and she would go ahead, then she would stop and I would go ahead. We did meet up and ride in together about 5 miles from town. We got to the hotel around 1:00PM a pretty short day on the road. Tomorrow will be a lot harder. 90 plus miles and temperatures in the 90's.
I am going to post my visit to Arch Park on another blog.

No comments: