Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pedal Pittsburgh














































Today, I did the 60 mile route of Pedal Pittsburgh. I did the 50 mile route previously but this was the first time I tried for 60. I figured that if I was going to average 80 miles a day across the country, then I should be able to do 60 in Pittsburgh. The last ten miles are up to the top of Mt. Washington and then a tour while you are up there. It was a lot of steep climbing after having already put in a fairly tough 50! But I was up to the challenge and finished the route. I took some pictures of Pittsburgh from a lot of different angles. Hopefully there will be a few you have not seen before. The picture that shows a cloud of smoke is the implosion of the apartment building in East Libery. I happened to be in a position to take a picture when it blew!

No comments: