Friday, May 15, 2009

Fantastic ride day!

I rode the Eliza Furnace Trail in Pittsburgh today. I needed to go downtown to register for the Pedal Pittsburgh ride on Sunday and I needed to go to REI to pick up an order. I parked at the trail head by Bates street and rode down to Point Park College to register. I picked up my registration packet and rode back to the truck to dump it off. I then rode over to the southside to pick up my order at REI. I bought a backpack for my trip. I also bought an under seat bag. I opened the package and put the under seat bag in the backpack, put it on and proceeded to ride another 15 miles or so. I rode over to the Northside and all the way down the bike trail running alongside the Ohio and then back up to Heinz field, across the bridge and back to Oakland. I really do enjoy this " trail". I like riding on the city streets in Downtown Pittsburgh. I get to feel like a New York bike messenger!!! I rode a total of 25 miles. So this week I was out 4 times and managed to get in 130 miles. Next week I will do better!

No comments: