Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finally a day of riding

After my two aborted attempts to get out and ride last week, I finally managed to get in 35 miles today on a ride out to Twin Lakes Park near Latrobe. The day was not without adversity though! When I went to load the bike on the car I had another, you guessed it, flat! It was again on the rear wheel. This time the valve stem was leaking so I replaced the tube and got on my way. I am getting really good at changing flats. The wind was starting to blow pretty good when I started the ride but I was moving along pretty good for the first few miles and then I realized that I had a tail wind. It was tough on the way back but doable.
While I was taking a break at twin lakes, I saw a father and a teenage son rent a rowboat to take out fishing. You would think an adult would have some idea about rowing a boat but this guy was clueless. He was trying to row from one side only and would have gone in a circle except he was still besides the dock. It was pretty funny!
Hopefully I can get out 3 or 4 times next week. The weather doesn't look too bad.

No comments: