Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A great day to ride!

Today was sunny and cool so I waited until the afternoon to go out to ride. I was getting ready to load the bike and found the back tire was flat! I am on a definite losing streak when it comes to flat tires. I changed the tire and replaced the tube with one I had patched the other day(see previous posts about flat tires). I finally made it out to the Giant Eagle in Harrison City to start my ride. After about 5 miles, I met up with another biker, Kerry, he said he was going out to Twin Lakes so we rode together. It was fun to ride with someone and pass the time talking about biking. We were almost to Twin Lakes when I got another flat! Again it was the rear tire. I changed it and discovered that the patch I put on was leaking. It was one of those glueless patches. Kerry said those things didn't work 10 years ago when he first tried them. The rest of mine are going in the garbage. While I was changing the tire, I noticed that three horses came over to the fence to see what was going on. Pretty funny!
Kerry stayed for a while at Twin Lakes and I turned around and headed home. All in all it was a good day for riding.

No comments: