Monday, April 13, 2009

54 days to go before the ride starts

This ride will take 52 days and will start in San Francisco on June 6th and end in Portsmouth NH after 3,800 miles of riding. I will update this blog daily with the day's highlights once the ride starts. In the meantime, I will update periodically with the details of my preparation mainly to get practice with the blog. I hope everybody enjoys it.

I did a 45 minute hard workout on the spinning bike this morning. Tomorrow, I am going to ride on the bike trail down in Pittsburgh. Hope to get about 25 miles in.

I have been getting my gear together for the ride. My new rain suit arrived today. I put a new saddle on the bike today and will see if I like it better than the old one. I am going to start riding with all of the gear I expect to carry on the trip to get used to carrying the load. If you call about 3 pounds of stuff a load.Ha!

No comments: